Mosaic Student Communities is a property management company focused primarily on the student housing markets at USC, Cal Poly Pomona, and UC Berkeley. The Company’s core focus is the leasing and management of upscale student housing in major university markets. Mosaic Student Communities provides third-party property management services to the company’s investment arm, Mosaic Investment Partners, as well as to a portfolio of properties for outside owners. Mosaic Investment Partners focuses on value-add acquisitions and development of high-end student properties.
Mosaic Student Communities is committed to providing an exceptional level of service to our residents, owners, contractors, vendors, and employees. We strive to exceed the expectations of all of our stakeholders while providing a fun, exciting, and enriching living experience for our student-residents.
- University of Colorado at Boulder – B.S. Business Administration
- Former Property Manager and Financial Analyst for The Dinnerstein Companies – the nation’s largest privately held developer of student housing
- Oversaw the entire portfolio of Fraternity, Sorority, and Student Org. housing for the San Diego State University Research Foundation
- Co-Founder of TurnPro, LLC
- IREM Accredited Residential Manager®
- Licensed California Real Estate Broker
Troy Dodgion is responsible for overseeing daily company operations and ensuring that all departments work in a cohesive, efficient and streamlined fashion. He has most recently worked as a Property Manager and Financial Analyst for the Dinnerstein Companies, and as the President of ROI Property Solutions. He is also the Co-Founder and Partner of TurnPro, LLC, which is a company that provides a fully integrated mobile app and proprietary software platform for managing student housing turns. Troy earned his BS in Business Administration with an emphasis on Operations from the University of Colorado, Boulder. Combined, he has 8 years of student housing experience. Troy has been in the Mosaic family since January 2017.
- California State University, Northridge, B.S. Business Administration Financial Services, minor in Accounting
- Former Controller with Mack Urban, LLC
- Former Sr. Investment Accountant with Colony Capital, LLC
- Veteran, United States Marine Corps
Justin Um is the Controller for both Mosaic Investment Partners and Mosaic Student Communities. He is responsible for the oversight of the finance, accounting and tax departments. He manages the partnership and property management teams responsible for the day-to-day accounting, forecasting and reporting to investors and partners. Prior to Mosaic, Justin served as the Controller at Mack Urban, LLC, a full service real estate investment, development planning, advisory and management firm. While there he managed the accounting department with a portfolio of over 3 billion dollars. Justin earned his BS in Business Administration with an emphasis on Financial Services with a minor in Accounting from California State University, Northridge. Combined, has over 7 years’ experience in real estate. Justin has been in the Mosaic family since June 2017 (new).
- Andrea Dequina – Staff Accountant
- Stephanie Garcia – Property Accountant
Leasing and Marketing
- 7+ years of Student Housing Experience
- Former Leasing and Marketing Manager at Pinnacle Campus Living
- Responsible for lease executions, leasing and market trends, and social media engagement
- Managed portfolios ranging over 10 Universities
Nancy Peñaloza is the Senior Leasing and Marketing Manager at Mosaic Student Communities. She is a career student-housing marketing professional with extensive knowledge in principles and practices of property management and a passion for providing that extra degree of service. Nancy has a consistent record of exceeding sales and marketing goals while increasing sales and profitability. Nancy adepts at improving retention and satisfaction with outstanding presentation, leadership, and communication skills. Nancy is a great new addition to the Mosaic family.
- Da’Mia Barnes – Leasing Agent
- Leasing Assistant – NOW HIRING
- Samira Finley – Receptionist
- Property Administrator – Gardenia Alba
- Maintenance Technician – David Gonzalez